Dear Marshall,
This past month was a whirlwind for me. I'd swear I only just finished writing your 7 month blog and yet here I am writing month 8 already.
There haven't been a whole lot of changes this month. Though you have started doing this random high-pitched squeal. I like to refer to it as your "mariah carey impression." It's pretty impressive.
We introduced you to the swing set and Owen's little blue car, both of which you seem to enjoy.
You have definitely turned into a regular roller. Almost as soon as we lay you on the floor, you are already rolling over onto your stomach. Pity you don't really like that position. You've started doing this in your crib at night too, which gets you quite upset. Between that and the teething, we've somehow reverted back to me feeding you to calm you. It wasn't really a conscious decision, but it
happened none-the-less. So, lately I've been back to feeding you 1-3 times a night. Not my cup of tea.
It's funny to watch you get into your comfortable sleep position though. For whatever reason, you love laying with your hands behind your head- just like you do in the bathtub!
We still put you to bet around 6pm when you are clearly showing signs of exhaustion. But you ALWAYS wake up around 9:00pm. This is usually when Daddy and I are hanging out watching some TV. We let you join us for a bit. :)
When Owen was little, he was never ok with just sitting. He always wanted to be on the move. I think Daddy and I would agree that we enjoy being able to just sit and cuddle with you.
You are practically sitting up now. I'm sure you'll have it figured out this next month.
You love to sit in your walker and actually manage to move in it... backwards. :) You even fell asleep in it one day! Lol
You're finally starting to take solid foods with a bit more interest. For now, you are eating one pureed meal a day... and a mum-mum here and there. We've started letting you have some water in a sippy cup too. You aren't entirely sure how to get it out, but you seem content enough to just hold and gnaw on it. :)
Owen gets you laughing on a regular basis. I worry about you sometimes, because your big brother can be rough and easily forget the need to be gentle with you. But nine times out of ten, while I'm busy worrying, you are busy laughing.
We had our first ever non-family babysitters this month, and you did great for both of them! Everyone always comments on how "easy" you are, and despite the middle of the night feeding(s), I have to agree. As I've said every month, you are SUCH a sweetheart. 

I could snuggle you all day long- and I think you'd be ok with it. I love you so much, Marsh!
Happy 8 months!












No comments:
Post a Comment