Thursday, March 31, 2016

All our 2016 Easter festivities

This year was the first year for egg coloring in our house. We invited Owen's cousins, Sydney and Jude over for the occasion. 
 Owen loved it. He especially loved the dyeing part, and not so much the drying. I'm pretty sure he re-dyed each of his eggs at least once. 
This was also the first year we took Owen to a public Easter egg hunt. We went to the Windsor Christian Preschool one and he had a blast. They were told to collect only a certain number of eggs per child (20 maybe?).  Regardless of what the number was, he collected them in less than 5 minutes. But I'm pretty sure he enjoyed every last second of those 5 minutes. 
Then he and his cousin, Dan ate about 15 pieces of chocolate. 

The day before Easter we spent with Justin's side of the family. We had his parents and Aftan's family over for the traditional easter egg hunt and a nice informal pizza lunch. :)
Yes, my child is using a halloween bucket... he doesn't know the difference. I'm pretty sure he thought his "easter basket" with the bats on it was pretty cool. ;)
Easter Sunday, I somehow, by God's grace was able to get a photo of the two boys smiling together!
We spent the day with my family. I think all of my siblings were present except for Gordon... and 5 out of 6 isn't all that bad! It was a bit chilly for our regular Easter basket hunt, so the kids hunted for them indoors instead. :)  I didn't take many pictures while we were there, but did get this series of photos of Owen and Daniel. They are 7 weeks apart in age and seriously hysterical when they're together. We asked them to sit together and smile for us. Ha! This is what they gave us: 
Clearly a couple of clowns. :)


Happy Easter from our family to yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment