Dear Owen,
Wow. 9 months old. You are sadly looking more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby to me. You've had your share of illnesses this winter- none of which could wipe away the smile that is almost constantly plastered to your face. You are truly the happiest of babies, which I am incredibly thankful for. We are praying for a much healthier springtime!
Wow. 9 months old. You are sadly looking more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby to me. You've had your share of illnesses this winter- none of which could wipe away the smile that is almost constantly plastered to your face. You are truly the happiest of babies, which I am incredibly thankful for. We are praying for a much healthier springtime!
The biggest change I've noticed in you this month, is that you have had a serious problem with sleeptime… You've been rolling over for several months now, but you never used to do it in bed. Now you do it constantly. It wouldn't be a problem, except that you refuse to sleep that way. You cry, and cry, and cry until we come in and roll you over. (Not sure why you won't roll back yourself…) I'm sure you will eventually outgrow this problem. I must say, you're awfully cute looking all upset on your tummy :)
You sit up great, and are constantly diving, with complete abandon, for toys out of your reach. You roll to reach things, and stretch your arms and fingers as far as you can, but you are not pushing up on your knees yet. All too soon, I'm sure.
In addition to reaching out for toys, you now reach out for us when you want to be held. I LOVE it. You've also added "ma ma ma" to your babbling. Needless to say, I love that too. :)
You continue to suck your two favorite fingers on your left hand. And since you were never really into the pacifier anyway, we've "taken" it away from you. I don't think you noticed. When you get tired of your fingers, you pull your socks off and chew on them for a while.
You love eating solids and are now only nursing twice a day. You love snacking on MumMums and Puffs. And you've completely mastered the sippy cup!
You finally seem to be tiring of your early toys/rattles, preferring your noisier electronic toys instead. I think I've memorized all of their little jingles by now. "The bird in the circle, sings a song that's wonderful. Tweet. Tweet. Tweet. Tweet. The bird's in the circle." …they're driving me mad. But you seem to enjoy them and that's all that matters. :)
You LOVE the outdoors. I'm anxious for the warm weather to come so we can get outside even more.
We've tried to take advantage of the few warm days we've had and sit outside or go for walks together. You tend to look around at everything completely mesmerized. Soaking it all in. I love watching you discover things for the first time.
You went on the swings at the park for the first time, and definitely seemed to enjoy it. You became completely enamored by all the sights and sounds though, and were very hard to keep focused for a photo. We will work on that. ;)
As I type this, you are napping and finally fell asleep on your tummy. We'll see how long it lasts.
We love you so much, Owen. We thank God daily, for the incredible little boy you are and the joy you bring to our lives.















No comments:
Post a Comment