I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. We celebrated our first Easter together with Owen, which was a lot of fun. We went to church in the morning and were blessed by a wonderful Easter message and beautiful special music! A girl sang a song I had never heard before, called "Mercy Tree"- what powerful lyrics! It had me in tears listening to it.
We had a delicious brunch and then the lil cousins did an Easter egg hunt... sort of. I think Sydney hunted, but Owen mostly just sat and pulled up the grass. His eggs were filled with Puffs, so he did regain interest when they were opened.
Owen has recently discovered hair... and has a particular interest in Sydney's. :/
![]() |
| Owen seriously gets a kick out of Uncle Eric. :) |
After Owen's second nap (which failed), we headed over to Nannie & FarFar's (my parents). The whole gang was there for an Easter basket hunt and a yummy Easter dinner. Owen mostly just enjoyed pulling everything out of his Easter bag. :)
![]() |
| "I see you Aunt Mer" |
![]() |
| My boys :) |
While typing this, I pulled up the video to that song, "Mercy Tree" again. It really brings home the message of Easter- The incredible sacrifice that was made and the excitement of Christ's resurrection because of what it all means for those of us that believe. When she sings, "He's alive and risen indeed!" you can really feel the excitement in that statement. Ugh! I'm presently obsessed with this song, if you can't tell- and yes I cried again. :)
I pray that as we celebrate Easter, we will always be reminded of just how profound the day truly is.
Happy Easter- He is risen!















































Owen and his smiles sure tug at my heart strings....wish I got to see you more often. :)
ReplyDelete"Aunt" Dottie