Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Owen's 8 months old!

Dear Owen,
This last month seemed to really fly by. I honestly feel like it was just last week that you turned 7 months, and now here we are celebrating 8 months! Every day with you is such a blessing. You are an absolute joy. Always smiling and laughing. It makes me so happy to see my little boy so happy.
You now clap your hands (more often spontaneously, then by request), but it is adorable. You laugh at the silliest things. If I start laughing, you start laughing. It's hilarious. It may be my imagination, but I'd swear you know when you're being funny. 
We introduced table foods this past month, which you seem to love. We are still only consistently feeding you solids at breakfast and dinner time, but I guess we'll have to start throwing lunch in there too. You love puffs and snack on them quite a bit in the afternoon. You still haven't quite mastered the sippy-cup, despite your best attempts.
We've watched your hair continue to change and lighten over time. You are quite the blondie these days. The bald spot that used to be on the back of your head, is now full of white blonde hair. And that mullet you had for the longest time has miraculously disappeared and has me wishing I'd cut a piece off to save. Your top two front teeth are starting to swell your gums a bit. This has you constantly rubbing your tongue along your upper gums and lips, which looks so funny. You've started blowing too. It's funny, unless you have a mouthful of baby bananas…  
Thankfully, your attitude doesn't seem to be too affected by your teething. Although... you have started biting me... not cool. You seem to think it's very funny when I react to it though. :)
You still LOVE sophie the giraffe, and are gnawing on her an awful lot lately. If I were you, I'd be completely bored of your toys by now, as you play with the same ones every single day. Yet you don't seem mind.
You enjoy looking at books together, and are often reaching out to try and hold the books yourself. We read a lot of Dr.Seuss books right now, while continuing to read your first favorites.  



Our bedtime routine went out the window this past month. You used to let me read to you, and/or sing to you prior to putting you down. Not anymore! When you are ready to be put in your crib, you don't tolerate any delay! You practically do a backbend out of my arms. You throw yourself backwards and start kicking your legs and whining. That's my cue to quit the sweet naptime/bedtime routine and simply lay you in your crib. I'm hoping someday I can convince you to snuggle a bit first. :)
You are doing a great job sitting up on your own. You're still not a huge fan of tummy time, but do push up on your arms when in that position. We haven't seen you push up on all fours yet.
You're still babbling away with the "Da Da Da" being your favorite phrase. I'm doing my best to get a "Ma Ma Ma" out of you, but it ain't happenin.
At 18 lbs, 5 oz, you are quickly growing out of a lot of your clothing. This means we get to go shopping!!! You still seem to enjoy running errands. And of course, without fail, you flirt with anyone and everyone that looks your direction. 

We finally bit the bullet and put you in the nursery at church. You've gone in twice now and thankfully did great. You've been practicing your "praying hands" too! :)

We love you more than words can say, Owen.
Happy 8 months! 



1 comment: