Monday, January 6, 2014

Owen's 6 months old!

Dear Owen,
Mommy worked yesterday, so this post comes just one day late. As I say every month, I cannot believe how big you are and wonder where the time has gone. This has been a really fun month with you, as we've seen more and more of your personality developing. Your curiosity has you reaching out to grab at absolutely everything. 
And when you want something and we take it from you (ie. the remote control), you let your newly found temper show. You are fascinated with water bottles and stare in awe whenever we are drinking out of one. You are still the happiest little boy I know. Getting you to smile takes very little effort. You love "The wheels on the bus..." song and smile ear to ear as soon as we start singing it. You also love the book "Moo, Baa, La La La". And since I have it memorized by now, I can simply recite the first line ( "A cow says MOO" ) and you immediately start smiling and kicking your legs in excitement. 

You have your front two bottom teeth coming in. We can see them through your gums, but they've not yet poked through. If teething discomfort wasn't bad enough, you've also had a cold this past week which has had you waking up at night.  You cry out so loudly (and so unlike you) that it has been so sad to watch. Seeing tears running down your face breaks my heart. We went to the doctor today and thankfully, he says it's just a little cold. You now weigh 17 pounds, 5 ounces and are 27 inches long. You've certainly packed on the pounds since starting solid foods. You've now had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, peas, and prunes. You weren't a big fan of the sweet potatoes...which coincidentally neither are mommy and daddy. :)




You love your new exersaucer and just learned to jump in it this past week. It is so funny to watch you jumping away in there. You finally started rolling over from your back to your belly this week as well. You haven't scared us by doing it in the crib yet, but I'm sure that day is coming. Just this morning, I found you lying in the crib 180 degrees opposite the direction I placed you in there. Not sure how you are rotating yourself, but you seem to find a way! 


Christmas day was the first time you sat by yourself...it was incredibly brief. But you did it none-the-less. We've been practicing with you often, and you are getting better and better at maintaining your balance now.

Your excema is still on your chest/belly but seems to be clearing up. You get a bath every 3 days or so and really get excited during it. You crack up when we take your shirt off at night. We have no idea why, but you laugh every time- which in turn has us laughing.
We love you so much, Owen and feel incredibly blessed to be your parents.

Happy Half Birthday, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment