Monday, December 9, 2013

The Eck Family trip to Disney World!

It was recently brought to my attention that I never blogged our trip to Disney World. I thought for sure they must be mistaken. But unbelievably, they were right. So, without further adieu….

A couple of years ago, my Dad purchased a Disney timeshare as a Christmas present for my Mom (a true lover of all things Disney). This year was the first year that everyone (minus Gordon & Katie) would be able to go. Our group consisted of 10 adults and 7 children! We all flew down together on the same plane, and in the same 3 rows. It went surprisingly well :)

We got up at 4:00AM to get ready for the airport and woke up Owen up at the very last minute. He had worn his mickey outfit to bed, so all we had to do was throw on his ears. :)

Thankfully he slept the entire car ride to the airport.

I really wasn't that nervous about flying with Owen. I just prayed he wouldn't be that kid that screams the whole plane ride, driving everyone around him crazy. And thankfully, he wasn't. :)
He was awake most of the plane ride and was calm and happy. 




We arrived early at our hotel and had to wait a bit to check-in, so we had a quick lunch, and Owen took a lil nap.


The girls ran to the grocery store that night- many thanks to my Aunt Kay (a Florida resident) for taking us! 
The view of Downtown Disney from our balcony.
We relaxed the rest of the evening and headed to the Magic Kingdom the next morning. 


Just missing Mark, Aimee, and half of Owen ;)







Aimee & Mark are missing AGAIN. 
 Owen was quite a hit at the parade. Several characters walked right over to greet him. It is so silly, but I was so PROUD! lol 


We were at the Magic Kingdom pretty late, and saw the castle all lit up as well as the Disney electrical parade. Owen had clearly had a long day and passed out as soon as we got back.


The next day was spent relaxing at the resort and enjoying the pool.

I'm obsessed with this photo of Catie. LOL!





Clearly not a fan of fountains… yet.

That night we explored Downtown Disney with Mark & Aimee.

a cigar was had. naturally.
 The following day was MGM/Hollywood Studios.
Daddy is responsible for the odd way Owen's sock is on. Daddy is also responsible for Owen's lost sock. 

Wednesday was Thanksgiving Day. So naturally, we had a little photo shoot with our Turkey. :)



 We then headed to T-REX for a very unconventional Thanksgiving Dinner with the whole gang.



We wandered around another resort with Mark & Aimee. Justin often holds Owen up and says "SIMBA!" at home. I know.  It's weird.  But anyhow, when we saw this guy, we knew we had to do it.
SIMBA! 


That evening we headed to Epcot.





It was CHILLY that night. After the sun went down, we pretty much raced through the countries and headed back to the resort.

The following day was Animal Kingdom. 

Standing in front of the Mt.Everest ride. I told Justin this is the closest he's ever gonna get ;)


We took the last day to relax again and spent some of the time by the pool. Owen was thrilled. 


Owen & Daniel. The first time we noticed that they are basically the same size! :)
I have to give Owen and Daniel a lot of credit. These kids spent almost the entire week in baby carriers and barely fussed about it. Naps/schedules were non-existent. When they were tired, they'd pass out in the carriers and continue to ride the rides. lol :)

Despite some chilly Florida weather, we had a wonderful time. The flight home went smoothly, and Owen slept the entire flight. A HUGE thank you to Mom and Dad for inviting us! Family vacations are one of my favorite things. I can't wait for the next one! 

{As usual I took a crazy number of photos. There are even more here (my Facebook page)}

No comments:

Post a Comment