Dear Owen,
You are now 5 months old and getting bigger by the day! You presently
weigh 15 pounds, 14 ounces. We’ve pretty much given up on dressing you in any
one-piece outfits as your length has you growing out of them way too quickly.
We finally stopped giving you a nightly bath. Because of the
eczema you have all over your chest and abdomen, the doctor suggested keeping
you very moisturized… this means fewer baths and lots of lotion. This was very difficult for Daddy to give up. :) Despite the
change in your bedtime routine, you still go to bed without a problem- for
which we are very grateful! You typically sleep 11-12 hours. I think we've finally got this nap thing down too. You take a morning and afternoon nap- sometimes an extra one in between. We know it's time when we see those fingers in your mouth and the other arm draped over your eyes. It's the tell-tale sign. Your hair has thinned incredibly! You used to have what we lovingly referred to as "the donald" hair. It was a lengthy comb-over at the crown of your head. Well the bulk of that long hair is gone, but there is still a stray one here and there that stands up and blows in the breeze. You've got a decent size bald spot right below that. And at the base of your head, you are still hanging on to that 1 inch mullet. It's quite impressive. I have my moments where I am tempted to get it cut, but you are my baby and I'm refusing to do the "first haircut" already.
We officially started you on solid foods this past week. You
didn’t seem to care too much for the soupy cereal we offered you. You seemed
slightly more intrigued by the ice cream your Far-Far let you taste while we were in Disney
World (much to your mothers dismay).
Yes, you are 5 months old and have already been to Disney World. We're spoiling you early! You were an absolute trooper on our trip though and an angel on the plane. Thank you, thank you!
You continue to win over everyone around you with your
incredibly happy personality. Strangers simply say a "well hello there" or "oh look at him" and you are smiling right back at them. When you start getting upset, we simply have to cheer, "YAY, OWEN!!", to which you respond with that excited, wide-open mouth smile! I love it!
As for your likes and dislikes… You are enjoying books more and more. I love reading to you. You've started reaching out, attempting to grab at the pages yourself. Sophie the giraffe is definitely your favorite toy at the moment. You get very excited the moment you see her. You still dislike tummy time and are not yet rolling over.
You found your toes, just this morning. You've not gone so far as to taste them yet, but I'm sure they'll find their way there. :)
I utterly adore you, Owen. Rest assured, you have a
ridiculously proud mama.
Happy 5 months!



No comments:
Post a Comment