Monday, December 23, 2013

A sweet visit with Nana

On December 19th, Owen got to meet his great-grandma Eck, lovingly referred to as "Nana". I am actually pretty embarrassed that it took me this long to make the introduction. Nana lives in a nursing home up at Willow Valley in Lancaster. It's not the most convenient location and sadly, Nana's memory is not what it used to be. She is thrilled to have visitors, but will forget you were ever there the moment you walk out the door. But walk back in and you will have made her day a second time! She is a very sweet, Godly woman, and I knew I wanted to get Owen up there to meet her but there was never a time that seemed convenient. Well, with Christmas coming, my sisters, mom and I decided to make a group trip up to visit her. And I am so glad we did! She was very 'with it' while we were there. She said multiple times how happy she was to see all of us and that we were going to make her cry, she was so happy! Obviously this thrilled us and made the trip totally worth it! Aimee brought her iPad and spent some time showing her photos from her wedding, as well as Gordon's wedding.  The kids were great and seemed to have a good time as well :)





All the boy cousins <3

Believe it or not this was not posed. They both reached out and held hands without any prompting! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment