Monday, January 9, 2012

Best kept secret

There are very few things that make my senses sing with sheer joy. The kind of joy that can come only from the smell and taste of a sugary, cinnamon-y treat. Today my brother Matthew came over to help me make the most delectable treat there is.... "Grandma's Buns." These amazing cinnamon buns are a time-consuming secret recipe that was passed down from my Swedish, great-grandmother, Gerda (pronounced Yair-ta). Yes, yes, some of you recognize that name, as I was named after her. Gerda is my middle name.  My great-grandmother Gerda was married to a man named Per (pronounced Pair).  So I found it somewhat funny, but fitting that Matthew volunteered to help me with the buns. He was the lucky one to be given Per as his middle name :)
The baking process began around 3pm... and did not finish until after 7:30pm. After one taste, it was determined that the time was well spent. :)

me and the ball of dough. ... feel free to ignore my towel-dried frizz-head.


so delicious...
my mouth is officially watering.
the bakers  -Thanks Matt!
the finished product!
the taste-test...

We have the approval of the ultimate taste-tester! :)

Every time we make them, I wonder why we don't make them more often. I'm truly not a sweets person, but these buns get me every time! I have told Justin his mission is to eat them up as soon as possible so that we can rid our house of them. He says he's up to the challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment