Wednesday, August 17, 2011
A MODEL(ing) FAMILY
Monday, August 15th was a BIG DEAL. My sister, Jen and her family, finally and that's a really big, hugely significant, FINALLY, broke ground to build their home. They had moved out of their townhouse back in 2008 with exciting plans to build their own home and live with my parents in the interim. Little did they know that the interim would be years. I don't fully understand all of the complications they encountered or the many hoops they had to jump through to receive all of the approvals and grants needed to get started. But I know there were a lot of them. As if that wasn't disappointing enough, they had to experience the fire at my parent's home last December. They had stored their most valuable and/or sentimental posessions along with a lot of their building materials in the top of the garage, thinking they would be safer stored there than in a public storage unit. When the house fire occurred the entire garage was leveled. Everything lost. The scenario is enough to break someone. To make them feel defeated. To crush their spirit. But despite these difficult circumstances they have always maintained their faith in God, His will and His timing. They have admitted to feeling upset, discouraged and disappointed several times along the way, but have always followed those admissions with statements of faith and confidence in God's provision for them. Their faith and their testimony have truly been tested. I am so proud of them. They have been an example to so many, myself included. I pray that if/when Justin and I experience such a trial, we will demonstrate the same persevering faith and trust in God that Jen and Ryan have. A faith that 3+ years and 2+ children later (haha) has led them to this exciting time when they FINALLY put a shovel in the ground. I could not be happier for them. For that reason, I suggested they let me take some photos of them on the property to remember their monumental day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mere, these are adorable!!! They look awesome :)
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL pictures Meredith! I am in awe of the strength your family shows through life's trails and tribulations. So happy to see this exciting chapter of life starting for your sister's family.
ReplyDeleteI love these!
ReplyDeletePS What kind of camera do you have??
You did such a great job!! Of course, having such a photogenic family helps, I'm sure! :) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Abbey's face when the kids were in the bucket on the excavator (or whatever that piece of equipment is, lol!)!! So cute! Great keepsakes!
ReplyDeleteThanks! My parents have been renting out that portion of their property for years and years to a farmer so he could use it to grow his crops. :)
ReplyDelete