Tuesday, August 23, 2011

He's Baaaaaack!

This is random and weird, but I had to share...
( Taken with my cell phone July 15, 2010 )
Last Summer we found a praying mantis hanging out in my plant by the front door of our house. I thought it was pretty neat, seeing as you don't see them too often. But strangely it stayed there the entire fall! No Joke! I would check for him daily because I just couldn't get over the fact that he was hanging around for so long. He was there for months! I ended up calling him "Manny" (as in 'Manny the Mantis'....very creative of me.) I remember asking Justin the silly question, 'what will Manny do in the winter when I take my pot away?'  But he disappeared before I had to do that.
 (I did preface this story by telling you it was weird).
Long story short, when I planted this year and put the pot by the front door, I wondered if we would see Manny again. We've gone through the summer with no sign of him and of course it was silly to think that we might see him again. But then, lo and behold I came home from the grocery story today and there he was!!!

( it's Manny!  Taken today! )

Crazy? perhaps. But lets be serious... how often do you really see praying mantis'!?!?!?   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment