We celebrated Marshall's first birthday on July 30th. He received a few gifts from us that morning, went for a walk in his new wagon, took a nice nap and then it was officially party time.
I didn't want to go all out with Marshall's first birthday, but at the same time didn't want him to suffer from second child syndrome so soon. :) Soooo we had a small family party for him (which with our family is never exactly "small"). I didn't want to get too crazy with a theme, so decided to run with his nicknames, "Marshall Man" and "Marshmallow" and basically just do some "little man" style decor. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not exactly Betty Crocker and that I like to keep things relatively simple. I made a few side dishes and then we had the rest of the food (sandwiches/pizza) catered. Obviously all this went over the birthday boy's head, but I thought it turned out cute none-the-less.
The one thing I did take the time to make were these Marshmallow pops- please be impressed.I didn't want to go all out with Marshall's first birthday, but at the same time didn't want him to suffer from second child syndrome so soon. :) Soooo we had a small family party for him (which with our family is never exactly "small"). I didn't want to get too crazy with a theme, so decided to run with his nicknames, "Marshall Man" and "Marshmallow" and basically just do some "little man" style decor. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not exactly Betty Crocker and that I like to keep things relatively simple. I made a few side dishes and then we had the rest of the food (sandwiches/pizza) catered. Obviously all this went over the birthday boy's head, but I thought it turned out cute none-the-less.
Marshall had a captive audience for his cake smash :)
Marshall (looking enormous) next to his cousins that are all less than a year apart... scary to think that at some point there will be 4 two year olds running around together!
Thanks to everyone that came to celebrate our little man with us!
































No comments:
Post a Comment