Dear Marshall,
This year has gone by SO fast. I suppose that's at least in part, because there are two of you now that I am chasing after. As cliche' as it sounds, it really does feel like yesterday we were speeding to the hospital for the whirlwind delivery that left us stunned when it was over. But then there you were... the sweetest ball of chub there ever was (in my humble opinion). I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but you've always had a sweetness about you -even from the start.
You are still a little scaredy cat- whimpering at the sight of animals, loud noises, or even just strangers that talk too close to your face. You have the absolute BEST smile which seems to transform you entire face. Your eyes become squinty little slits as you show off your two little bottom teeth. One really can't help but smile back at you. You have the funniest laugh and are quite ticklish.

You love to watch your big brother and often end up laughing at something he's done. I've loved seeing you interacting together more.

You love to watch your big brother and often end up laughing at something he's done. I've loved seeing you interacting together more.
You definitely enjoy reading books... probably more than playing with your toys. Now Owen's toys on the other hand, you are quite interested in. You tend to gravitate toward all of his things, it's sort of amusing. And like many little ones, you are also obsessed with the remote controls.You are constantly after them. And if there's a visible cord coming from an outlet- you'll find that too!
You get around pretty good with your worm crawl, and are popping up on all fours more and more. When sitting up or standing you are not exactly the sturdiest. It takes the slightest push (usually from Owen) to have you tipping right over.

As I've commented on before, you are super flexible and can often be seen sitting in a wide split, grabbing your toes.

You love to cuddle and usually have your right thumb in your mouth. And as much as Daddy might hate to say it... you are a Mama's boy. You LOVE your Mama. And honestly, I'm ok with that. :)

You LOVE to eat. You excitedly start yelling when you want food which reminds me quite a bit of Owen. You are still nursing just once before bed and drumroll please... you are FINALLY sleeping through the night. I guess you decided the week of your birthday was the perfect time to give your mother her sanity back. Thank you! Your monkey, Mr. Mo, is your favorite. When we put you to bed, you snuggle him immediately. It's so cute.

As I've commented on before, you are super flexible and can often be seen sitting in a wide split, grabbing your toes.

You love to cuddle and usually have your right thumb in your mouth. And as much as Daddy might hate to say it... you are a Mama's boy. You LOVE your Mama. And honestly, I'm ok with that. :)

You LOVE to eat. You excitedly start yelling when you want food which reminds me quite a bit of Owen. You are still nursing just once before bed and drumroll please... you are FINALLY sleeping through the night. I guess you decided the week of your birthday was the perfect time to give your mother her sanity back. Thank you! Your monkey, Mr. Mo, is your favorite. When we put you to bed, you snuggle him immediately. It's so cute.
Marsh, you are the cutest thing. I love all 23 pounds and 3 ounces of you. From the golden blonde poof on the top of your head down to your chubby little flinstone feet. Your smile warms my heart and brings a smile to my own face. I cannot imagine our lives without you in it. As a brother, you compliment Owen perfectly. I am so excited to watch you two grow closer together these next few years. We thank God for you daily and are so grateful He chose to bless us with you. We pray that God will grab hold of your heart at the earliest age. And that you would grow to love and serve Him. We love you more than words can say.
Happy 1st Birthday Marshall Man!





No comments:
Post a Comment