Friday, January 29, 2016

Marshall is 6 months old!

Dear Marshall,
I can't believe you're six months old already. You're a big boy, but still feel so "new" to me. I just truly have a hard time believing you're halfway toward being a one year old. Crazy.
We just went to your well visit at the doctor's this morning, and you are now 20 pounds, 5 ounces. Exactly 3 pounds bigger than Owen was at your age. :)
Cuddling in Mommy's bed while we wait for Owen to wake up. 
You are still waking up 2-3 times a night... We've continued to try solid foods with you, hoping that it might help you sleep better. BUT, you really aren't interested.
You've started spitting out more than you are actually swallowing. You even went through a time where we questioned a potential food allergy.  You were vomiting 2 hours after eating, and looked absolutely horrible.
I hated seeing you so sick. But thankfully it was just a virus and you got over it fairly quickly.
This past month you seemed to get over your issue with bottles. You suddenly take them without any problem at all and have even taken formula without a fight.
You take 2 (sometimes 3) naps a day. This usually amounts to 3 hours total daytime sleep. You're very easy to put down and can even nap on the go if need be. :)
You are 100%, officially, a thumb sucker. And I am A-ok with that. You seem to favor your right thumb and even have a slightly red/chapped area at the base of your thumb from sucking it so much.
You are a pretty mellow baby, and are such a sweetheart.
You're full of smiles and are babbling more than ever. You've got the "buh buh buh" and "da da da" sounds down pat!
I love coming to get you in the morning, as you always greet me with a smile.
You laugh at peekaboo and are most ticklish along your chest and thighs.

You're not quite sitting up on your own yet. Though you've made some improvement in this area. :)
You've started grabbing at things I'm holding and put absolutely everything in your mouth.
You drool on a regular basis, though some days seem much more slobbery than others. :)  We've started reading books with you more, which you seem to like. You've been in the exersaucer many times, but aren't quite sure what to make of it yet. You love sophie the giraffe. You flap your arms and kick excitedly whenever we start squeaking it. Owen prefers he be the one to give it to you.
You clearly adore your big brother. I often find you staring at him with a smile on your face.
If he talks to you, you usually start chuckling. It's adorable. I really love seeing the two of you together. You're like two peas in a pod sometimes.
 I hope and pray that you grow up being the best of friends.

We all love you so much, Marshall. Can't wait to see what this next month holds for you.


Happy 1/2 Birthday, Marshall man!



No comments:

Post a Comment