Sunday, November 1, 2015

Marshall is 3 months old!

Dear Marshall,
You are now 3 months old, but I'm pretty sure when people look at you, they don't believe it. You have gotten so big, strangers tend to guess you are closer to 5 or 6 months old. You are growing way too fast for your wardrobe. You've been in 3-6 month size but even they are becoming too short and too tight. The same is true for your diapers, as we have yet again had to bump you up, now to size 3. All this weight gain has earned you lots of new rolls and creases. I love them! They go perfectly with all the rest of your chub. :)

Despite being a heavy guy, you hold your head up great, and are needing less and less help supporting your back. We tried putting you in the bumbo seat, but you screamed bloody murder, so we won't try that again anytime soon. :)

The long dark hair you had when you were born is just about gone. Your hair has thinned out quite a bit, and your roots have continued to grow in lighter. You have almost a full ring all the way around your head where the hair has worn away from you shaking it back and forth when you're in bed.

Mommy could not stand to look at those straggly dark tips even a minute longer... so you got your first hair cut!
Before:

 After:

You are a *mostly* happy baby. You are smiling so much now and have started talking aka cooing a lot! Some of the cooing is a bit frightening... more like growling.
You've started blowing raspberries and drooling all over the place too. So naturally, bibs have become a necessity.

You have one excited smile, in particular, that reminds me SO much of Owen! I have almost an identical photo to the one below, where Owen is giving that same excited smile!



Your smiles are clearly adorable, but you still put that lower lip out when you are upset. You seem to be the fussiest when you are overtired.
You are your sleepiest in the morning and nap best in the swing. I keep trying to put you down for a nap in the nursery, but it never lasts too long. It's funny to watch you, as you usually drift off to sleep while staring at your fist.
We moved you into your nursery shortly after returning from the beach, and thankfully, you've adjusted quite well. You are generally ready for bed by 7:00/7:30pm and drift asleep easily while nursing. You still have me getting up at least twice a night to feed you.

You definitely found your hands this month and are constantly sucking on them and putting them in your mouth.
You've started batting and grasping at things too. And you love to kick at the piano on your mat.
You've finally started letting us sit with you on our laps. I'm not spending nearly as much time with you in the baby carrier anymore... my back thanks you! You have also started laying your head down on me when you're tired. I LOVE this. Owen never really liked to cuddle this way, so I'm thrilled that you do!

My maternity leave came to an end and I had to return to work. I was sad to leave you, but having done it with Owen, I knew you'd survive without me. And you did. :) Daddy did a great job taking care of you and Owen (with a little help from Mimi too).
The only real issue was that you refused to take a bottle the first day. I only worked 4 hours, but you went 6 hours without eating.
Reunited and it felt so good! :)


We kept trying and praying you'd give in and take it... My second day of work was a 12 hour shift, and praise God- you took bottles all day long! :)
Your big brother, Owen, still loves you to pieces. Though I think God has you putting on all this extra weight as a layer of protection from him! He doesn't always seem to grasp the meaning of the word "gentle". :)

Marshall, I have absolutely loved this past month with you. Some of the nights have been incredibly exhausting, I can't deny that. But seeing your smile, and personality start to shine through has made all that lack of sleep more tolerable. We love you so much and pray for the you daily!

Happy 3 months, big guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment