Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Marshall is 2 months old!

Dear Marshall,
It seems this past month you decided to focus on growth. You are huge! I was sad to put away all of your 0-3 month clothing, but they could barely contain you anymore. You've been wearing size 6 month for the last week or two and appear much more comfortable in them. The same is true for your diapers- you've been bumped up to size 2 which fit you so much better. With you growing out of your clothes/diapers so quickly, I was not surprised at all when at your 2 month check-up today, they said you weigh 14 pounds, 9 ounces. You are in the 97th percentile for both height and weight. You, my love, are a big boy! 

I find myself calling you "Mr. Chubs" and "chunky monkey" quite often now. But don't you believe for one second that I don't absolutely love every ounce of chub on you! I find it completely adorable.
You have one little dimple on the left side of your chin that is cute as can be. 


Every once in a while it looks like you may end up with a little cleft in your chin as well. You also have the cutest little dimple on your chest that just peeks out above your shirt collar... that is, when your chin(s) and cheeks aren't covering it. :) 
Ever since we got back from the beach, you've been nothing but smiles. You start smiling from the moment you wake up!

In addition to the smiles, you've also started cooing. That has to be one of my favorite baby things... getting that first glimpse of what your little voice sounds like. :) 
You are such a happy baby, Marshall. But you are also a scaredy cat, and burst into tears when startled, even by a sneeze! And let me tell you, when you're NOT happy... it's major. We've determined at this point, that you have 3 basic cries. #1 is a soft, adorable blubbering where your bottom lip rolls out. 

#2 is an incredibly loud cry (even the doctor commented on it!). And #3 is an ear piercing, mirror shattering, blood curdling cry. Needless to say, we do our best to avoid that last one. :)  It seems to happen most often when you are exhausted, since you typically fall asleep minutes afterward- at which time we all thank the Lord. ;)
Thankfully, you've been improving on your sleep habits, giving us longer stretches at night. You tend to be ready for bed around 8:30/9PM, though we tend to keep you up until closer to 10. 
There's usually just the one feeding around 3:30/4AM that you wake up for now. Amazingly, you've also chosen Owen's nap time to take your longest day time stretch of sleep. I can't thank you enough for that one! 

I've bought every pacifier out there, and much to my dismay, you have shown no interest in any of them. I refuse to give up on this though, so we will keep trying!
Bath time is every other night or so. You love it, so long as the seat has been warmed up for you. I'm not kidding. If it's even remotely chilly, you initiate cry #3. 

And yes, you are still a curly-sue right after your bath.
 Your full head of light brown hair, is becoming incredibly blonde at the roots. I'm anxious to see if you end up with white-blonde hair like your brother.

 Speaking of your brother... he loves you SO much. He constantly has his hands on you (which CAN be dangerous.)




I love seeing him love you the best way he knows how. When you are sad, he will often bring you his blankie (aka. his most prized possession), and zibby and joe too. 
 I've started giving you some awake time lying flat, on either a blanket or mat. You used to hate being laid down, but suddenly enjoy it.

Owen loves it because it means he can be even closer to you :) He immediately lays down next to you.

whispering jokes? Must have been a good one :)
He also loves to show you all of his cars and trucks. You seem ok with it.

 When you're not lying around with Owen, you are often attached to me in the baby carrier. You love that thing and would spend all day in it if I'd let you.
In the carrier, experiencing your first fire.
Two weeks ago, you made your church debut. 
We were pleasantly surprised that you actually slept through the whole service and even repeated that the following week!

In a nutshell, the last couple weeks with you have been wonderful. We are finally falling into a routine. And you are finally becoming more predictable. We love you so much, Marshall. I could kiss your sweet little face all day long!

Happy 2 months to my happy boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment