Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day

I'm so thankful for the many great fathers in my life. I feel very fortunate to know so many! My Dad in particular is, well, the best. :) I cannot imagine my life without him. I know I can always count on him for prayer, and words of encouragement. He has an incredible optimism that stems entirely from his reliance on God. It's an amazing character trait to have, and has impacted my own thinking in a positive way. When going through a difficult time, or facing a tough decision, I can often hear my Dad saying, "Isn't it exciting!? I can't wait to see what the Lord's gonna do!"   
I came across this quote recently and couldn't help but think of my dad:  "My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."   Thank you, Dad for being such a powerful example!

For Justin's first father's day, Owen gave him a 3 photo frame for his desk at work. :)
...it was very thoughtful of him. :)

We went to church and then spent the afternoon at the Hunts. 

 Three generations of Hunt men. 
 The dads and their boys. <3
The dads, their boys... and Syd. :)


Happy 1st Father's Day to my hubby!

I'm so thankful for you Justin and for the wonderful job you are doing as Owen's daddy. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment