Thursday, September 5, 2013

Owen's 2 months old!

Dear Owen,
You are two months old today. Where is the time going!? You are growing faster than I can photograph you and certainly faster than I can blog about you. This past month has been wonderful-- and miserable, if I'm being honest.

At around 6 weeks, you became my very adorable "little terror" and this lasted until about 8 weeks. Between the hours of 7:30 AM and 1:00 PM, you developed a new routine...  You would cry and cry and cry and then you'd cry some more. You wanted to nurse CONSTANTLY. It seemed you would nurse for 45 minutes, and then 30 minutes later want to nurse again. It was the only thing that would get you to stop crying, but boy did it wear your mama out. By definition, you seemed to meet all the symptoms of colic. It was awful, buddy. But thankfully, it was most likely related to a growth spurt (which has you now weighing in at 12 pounds 5 ounces!), as you are now back to your angelic self. :)

 Even throughout that colicky time, you did continue to sleep wonderfully at night. Were it not for this, I would likely have pulled all my hair out. You're typically sleeping from 10:30PM to 5:30AM. When I come to get you in the morning, you wake up with sleepy eyes but smile when you see me. We've seen your personality developing this past month. You make eye contact with those talking to you and often grace them with one of your incredibly cute smiles. Your smiles are contagious for Daddy and I. What starts off as one upward tilt of the mouth can quickly turn into you giving us several big smiles, tongue hanging out and all! It's awesome.

You've also begun "talking", aka cooing, pretty regularly. You laughed for the first time just a couple days ago! You still prefer to be with people and will get upset if left alone in a separate room or even just out of sight. This has resulted in you sitting in your bouncy seat with us when we are at the dinner table. It's so funny how something as simple as that makes you happy. You now LOVE your bath. The moment we turn the water on, you seem to perk up in anticipation. While you still love to be held, you now prefer to face outward where you can see everything/everyone. Bless your heart, you still love to go on errands! Any fussiness disappears the moment I put you in your carseat. I cheerfully tell you, "we're going on a trip!" and you respond with a smile every time. :)
We continue to thank the Lord for you, Owen. We love you so so much! You are such a blessing to us.

Happy 2 month Birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment