Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saying goodbye.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end."

I woke up this morning, our last morning in our first house, and these old Semisonic lyrics came to mind. I don't know why exactly....call it pregnancy hormones, call it being overtired, but I started to cry. For some reason our little condo feels extra special this morning. And I sort of hate that we have to leave it. It's a page being turned in this book called Life. But I loved this page. I can't help but think back to when I moved into this condo. We moved all my belongings into Justin's place right before our wedding. It was a busy time, but so exciting as we anticipated living our married life together in this home. Upon returning from our honeymoon, Justin carried me over the threshold. Such a funny, but special memory to me. We learned the 'ins and outs' of each other in this home. I know that we will always be learning more and more about each other as life goes on. But it just feels like it all 'started' here... so I'm sad to leave. Please don't misunderstand... I feel incredibly blessed to be moving into such a lovely new home and am in no way complaining about that! But there are memories that attach themselves to certain places... and I have a lot of special ones here. Ones that include mostly just me and Justin. Which I think is another reason I'm so emotional about this. I think in some ways this move is a reminder to me that we are about to turn yet another page as we make room for a new, very special little person. I am overjoyed with anticipation for little Owen's arrival, but am also aware of the fact that this time of "just the two of us" is coming to an end. How quickly time passes. I find myself clinging to  every day and every moment we have together now, before this page is turned.  It is with great reluctance and yet great anticipation that I will turn to the next chapter. For while the current one is amazing, I'm certain the next chapter will be full of even greater joys and excitement!











Goodbye house.



No comments:

Post a Comment