Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dear Owen,

["Dear Owen,"  ...I literally said the words out loud just now and burst into tears. haha. These pregnancy hormones are really something! I love my little boy so much that just the thought of him brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine the increase in the love and joy that I will feel when finally seeing him face to face.]

Dear Owen,
We are 39 weeks along today! If you take after your Daddy's very precise personality, you will arrive right on time! Then again, sometimes Daddy has a mind of his own. :)  But if you are on time, then that means we only have a week left... 7 days. Mommy is very tired now, and very uncomfortable. You seem to always be lying on your left side,  kicking me on my right side- right under the ribs! I've been finding it difficult to sleep lately, as I'm most uncomfortable lying down. No position seems comfortable anymore. That being said, I've loved carrying you the last 39 weeks. I've loved having you with me all the time, feeling you move, talking to you out loud and singing to you in the car. People would have thought I was crazy if they'd have overheard my talking to you. I truly can't believe we're at the end. It seems like just yesterday that we discovered we were pregnant with you. Oh how Mommy and Daddy prayed for you... I remember thinking we might never get pregnant, and that I might never know the joy of being a Mother. The day we discovered our pregnancy was certainly one of the happiest days of my life. I praise God every time I think of it. What a blessing you are to us. Seeing you on the ultrasound screen for the first time was amazing. You were just a little speck at 5 weeks and yet they pointed out the teeny tiny movement on the screen that was the beating of your heart. The day we saw you move on ultrasound, I think Daddy and I both jumped! We had had multiple ultrasounds where you were just a little dot, kidney bean, etc, not moving. To suddenly see your arms and legs moving about frantically was hysterical to us! We still imitate the "Owen in the womb dance". At our 20 week ultrasound, we saw your face in 3D and were in awe. I cried, of course. Yours was the most beautiful face I had ever seen. We found out you were a little boy that day. And while Daddy has always thought he'd be the father of girls, he has certainly come to embrace his having a son. We cannot wait to meet you! We were thrown for a loop when we discovered our new home was likely to be finished around the same time as you! But by God's grace, it finished early and we were able to settle in relatively quickly. Daddy worked hard to put all your gear together. And now the nursery is all set up and waiting for you.  I wake up a lot during the night now, and when I get out of bed the first thing I see is your pack-n-play bassinet right beside me. There have been many nights where I've sat on the edge of the bed staring at it... imagining that in just another week or two I'll be waking up in the middle of the night to tend to you. I know it will be exhausting, but I don't care. I can't wait. I can't wait to see your face, to hold your little hands in mine, to rock you to sleep...
7 more days. But who's counting?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment