Thursday, June 21, 2012

Small Group + Cape May = AWESOME!

I just realized I haven't blogged in almost 2 months... oops! I'm sure you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for an update, right? j/k
Well, I'm skipping over the photo challenge (which I'm now overwhelmingly behind on) to share our mini-vaca with you.
Justin and I were in desperate need of a little getaway and this came at the perfect time. Our small group from church planned a weekend trip to Cape May and stayed in a beach house owned by Colleen's Dad. The location was perfect. Right on the beach with a gorgeous view from the deck. 
When we first got down there Friday afternoon, it was just the Houcks and us, so we headed to dinner at "The Rusty Nail" where I took a break from my pre-beach low-carb diet by having loaded cheese fries!... go big or go home, right? :)
We were joined by the rest of our group that evening and headed to the beach the next morning.
Justin and my pale bodies were in desperate need of some sun!
We grilled out on the deck for lunch and had a mini dance party. There may or may not have been some 'running man' and 'robot' action.... so much fun :)
That evening, we walked to dinner at Copper Fish. 
The food was amazing and the company was even better.
Pretty sure we are all laughing at Thomas in this photo...
After dinner, we walked around the outdoor mall and stopped for ice cream.
Val and Andrew had to leave early the next morning.
 The rest of us went and soaked up a few more rays of sunshine before heading home. 

This mini-vacation was so much fun. Every time our small group gets together, I love them even more. 
Can't wait to do this again!

PS: David and Chelsea, we missed you!- no excuses next time :)




No comments:

Post a Comment