Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Two little girls for the night

Only 3 more days until our newest nephew Benjamin is due to arrive! My sister Jen is being induced this Friday and we cannot wait to meet the newest member of the McLaughlin family. My parents treated Ryan to an early birthday present and sent them away for the night on Saturday, leaving their 4 little ones entrusted to us. Justin and I stayed over at Jen and Ryan's house with the younger two girls, while my parents took the older two to their place.
 If you remember, Justin and I had tried to have a sleepover with Abbey at our house once... it didn't turn out so well. I am happy to report that we did eventually manage to have her accompanied by her sister Maddie for a successful sleepover at our place... though I failed to photo-document it. :/
Hosting the sleepover at their house was definitely much easier. The kids were quite happy in their own environment with all the toys/movies, etc that they are familiar with. Abbey is 3 and Catie is just over a year. They are both at such sweet ages and so much fun to be with. Catie is such a mellow, go-with-the-flow baby, she was a pleasure! Abbey is just plain hilarious. She used to be somewhat timid around Justin. She would rave about him when he wasn't around and then become shy when he was. At our sleepover, she begged to sleep in the same bed as us. We slept in Maddie's bed which is a children's double. Justin and my feet hung off the end. It clearly was not large enough to squeeze her between us. I told her that there wouldn't be enough room for all three of us. She responded "But I'll share my pillow with Uncle Justin." :)
It's been very cute to see her becoming more and more comfortable with him. She clearly loves him now and he absolutely adores her. He will shamelessly tell you that she is his favorite, though I keep telling him that favorites are not allowed! I'm annoyed with myself that I did not take more pictures at our sleepover... I guess they kept us busier than I thought. I did however snag a few of Abbey and Justin while Catie was napping.


Without any prompting, she decided to lay on the sleeping Justin... haha

Clearly not so shy anymore :)

She became only slightly embarrassed when he woke up...

But then proceeded to do it again...
Safe to say, he didn't mind. She's got her Uncle Justin completely wrapped around her finger. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm Justin looks great with a little girl. . . . .one day I pray he will have another favorite. . his OWN little girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete