
As a newlywed wife, I am still learning the ins and outs of my husbands likes and dislikes when it comes to food. We are both picky eaters to a certain extent.
My dislikes:
*Seafood. I mainly can only stomach tuna salad. Basically if it comes from the sea, I do not typically like it. The very rare exception is Paige Gibbons cheesy crab dip, which I'm told has very little crab in it. It is extremely good and if I wasn't told there was crab in it, I would never have known. Other than that I have never liked any seafood I have ever tried. Yes that includes Salmon, Tilapia, Crab, Lobster, Scallops, Calamari, and the list goes on. I have been willing on occasion to give different types of seafood a taste, but it always turns my stomach.
*Olives
*Sauerkraut
*Nuts
Justin's dislikes:
*Chicken. This is huge. I LOVE chicken. It's probably my favorite meat. You can do so much with chicken. Which Justin explains is because chicken has no taste, but takes on the taste of whatever you are cooking it with. The only chicken he'll eat is hot wings.
*Any potato other than mashed. He's a little boy at heart. :)
*Most green cooked vegetables. He will eat Corn, Carrots, Asparagus and broccoli, but thats it.
Taking our likes and dislikes into consideration, we have been eating mostly steaks, pork loin, pork chops, pot roasts, soups, sloppy joes, and pasta.... side dishes generally consist of the for-mentioned vegetables, salad, and/or mashed potatoes. Of course we have the occasional grilled cheese/tomato soup night thrown in there. :) I've googled different recipe sites and tried a few different ones out. But I'm beginning to run low on the very little creativity I had in the kitchen. The question, "what are we having for dinner?" has started to make me cringe! This is where you come in!
I'm looking to build upon the dinner recipes I already have to give us a little more variety and a little less stress. I'm not ruling out chicken either. I'm determined to find a chicken recipe he will like. There are usually 3 days a week that I don't get home until after 7:30pm. So I'd love to have some good crockpot recipes too!
So if you have any simple but delicious recipes to share with a very amateur cook, please either leave them in the comments below or you can email them to me at MbabyRN@yahoo.com
My husband, myself, and our stomachs thank you! :)
Crunchy Chicken
ReplyDeleteIngredients:
3 boneless chicken breasts split
2/3 pint sour cream
one pkg chopped celery, onion, carrots (I use Wegmans)
two tablesppons lemon juice (I skip this)
2 teaspoons worcesershire sauce
1 teaspoon celery salt (or Lowry's seasoned salt)
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 bag (blue) Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix
Mix all ingredients together (except the chicken of course). Spray baking pan with non-stick spray. Spread stuffing in pan. Roll chicken breasts in bread crumbs and lay on top of mixture. Brush chicken breasts lightly with Wegman's seasoned basting oil. Cover pan with foil and bake uncovered 45 minutes to 1 hour till done. It's really good!! :-)Love you! Mom
Hey Mere,
ReplyDeleteHave you ever tried stuffed peppers? You can cook ground turkey or beef and add some rice (just buy a flavored rice-like mexican) and stuff the peppers! Boil green peppers until they turn a dark color, stuff them with the meat and rice, then sprinkle cheese and bake in the oven for a few minutes until cheese is melted. I'll try and find a good recipe to send but just thought I'd send along the idea :)
Cait
Ps. Tell Justin to stop being so picky and try new things! ;)
ReplyDelete