Dear Marshall,
You are now 4 months old. In some ways you seem much older than that -I'm sure your size has something to do with it! You continue to be a big-for-your-age boy. You're still in 9 month clothing, and while I hate to say it, even some of them are too small! Your official weight is now 18lbs 11oz ( >97th percentile). Your height is 27.5" (also >97th percentile) You've got lots of adorable rolls and creases. Your skinny little ankles crack me up.
In other ways, it seems you couldn't possibly be that old already. You still sleep like a newborn... which is the same as saying you don't sleep at all. You had started off this past month sleeping pretty well, only waking once or twice a night. But then you got your first cold and sleep went by the wayside.

You started waking up 5 times a night! I quickly turned into a zombie mom, standing in the hallway confused as to whether I was just coming or going from your room. This past week things have SLOWLY started to improve. We are back to just 2 times a night, which pathetic or not, feels quite nice in comparison.
You started waking up 5 times a night! I quickly turned into a zombie mom, standing in the hallway confused as to whether I was just coming or going from your room. This past week things have SLOWLY started to improve. We are back to just 2 times a night, which pathetic or not, feels quite nice in comparison.
If getting up at night wasn't bad enough, you've also decided that 5 AM is go-time. No matter how hard I try to get you back to sleep, you whole-heartedly resist. So, the new routine is that I get you up, dressed for the day and we head downstairs. I turn on the coffee maker, turn on the news and we sit together until 30 minutes later when you inevitably start to yawn, and eventually pass out. Too bad your brother's up at 6 AM. :/
You are getting better at napping in your crib, usually once around 9/10 in the morning and then again around 1/2 in the afternoon. Though you still fall asleep randomly throughout the day. :)
You are typically ready for bed by 6:15/6:30pm. We try to keep you up, but you're just miserable. So early to bed it is.
![]() |
| Passed out on the changing table before bed! :) |
You've finally started taking a pacifier! Praise the Lord! And when the pacifier isn't in your mouth, one or more of your fingers are. Unlike Owen, you don't seem to have a preference for any specific finger(s). I've caught you sucking on just about every one.
I have to believe you're teething. You gnaw on them constantly, and have turned into a drool machine. Unfortunately, you've started regularly grabbing at your face, resulting in cuts all over your forehead. I've started cutting your nails often, but even with them short, you still manage to cut your face. So, mitts it is.
I have to believe you're teething. You gnaw on them constantly, and have turned into a drool machine. Unfortunately, you've started regularly grabbing at your face, resulting in cuts all over your forehead. I've started cutting your nails often, but even with them short, you still manage to cut your face. So, mitts it is.
You're often blowing rasperries which is so funny, and not something Owen ever really did. I'd say you're a happy baby most of the time. You're very social and prefer someone always be paying attention to you. You love to be held, and usually lay your head down on our shoulder. Ah, I love it.
You smile a lot and have started laughing more. It's crazy how much you not only look, but sound, like Owen!
You smile a lot and have started laughing more. It's crazy how much you not only look, but sound, like Owen!
And speaking of Owen... as you've become more responsive, he's begun taking even more of an interest in you. He still loves to be close to you and often gives you hugs and kisses, while exclaiming, "He loves me, Mommy! Marshall loves me!" :)
You are not rolling over yet, but you do have "a strong core" as the doctor said. So strong, that you even had me testing your ability to sit up. You are definitely not ready for that, but I think your chubby belly was holding you up in this photo! lolYou are, however, ready for the bumbo seat, and appear to sit in there fairly comfortably despite your thighs being strangled. ;)
One seriously funny thing you do is put your hands behind your head when in the bath tub. You assume that position EVERY time you get a bath. It is too funny! I look forward to bath time just to see you do it! :)
You are still being stubborn with the bottle when I'm away at work. But we're working on it.


































No comments:
Post a Comment