Thursday, August 27, 2015

Owen & his little brother

When we brought Marshall home, naturally one of our concerns was how Owen would adjust to having him there. Since becoming a "terrible" two, he's certainly been playing the part. It's been difficult but we are persevering. In the past month, we've noticed his fuse has become quite short. Whining and tantrums have become an all day affair. Boy, oh boy, is that tiring. I'm constantly praying and asking God to help me be a good Mom. Because most days, I don't feel like I'm doing it well. It's one of the most important, if not the most important job I have -and it's a hard one! As a thousand other Moms have said and written, motherhood is both painfully challenging and amazingly rewarding. 
One of the rewards for me, has been seeing how Owen loves on his little brother. Right from the get-go, it was clear that Owen loved him. 


Every morning, Owen asks where Marshall is and wants to hold him. Two seconds into holding him, Owen says, "too heavy!" in a strained voice and tries to lift him away. It's quite humorous.


 If Marshall is crying, Owen will go running over to him saying "It's ok, Marshall. It's ok. I'm coming."


  If I set Marshall down anywhere, Owen's like a magnet to him. ...a potentially dangerous magnet. :)  He will often try to lay down right next to Marshall- as close as possible. Sometimes on top of him. Lol. Poor Marshall has been squished once or twice already- in love, of course.
Basically, wherever Marshall is, that's where Owen wants to be too. :)













I'm so excited to watch these two grow together. I know it will not be without it's challenges, but I can already see the reward in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment