Owen lucked out (in some ways) this year by having two parties. My Dad was already away in England, and my Mom would be leaving to join him before Owen's birthday party. So a few days before his party, we set up a night to go out to dinner with my Mom. We had a delicious dinner at the Pour House, and then came back home so she could give Owen his birthday presents. It was actually pretty nice, in that he was able to enjoy opening each gift and play with them briefly without having to rush through. :)
On the morning of his actual birthday, we played hooky from church (whoops), and enjoyed a nice breakfast together and time of opening gifts with our birthday boy. It was a lot of fun watching him open gifts this year. His facial expressions were priceless!
While he napped, I got busy decorating for his party. With me nearing the end of my pregnancy, I didn't have the energy, nor the creativity, to get all pinteresty this year. My boy LOVES balloons, so I decided to embrace that and just put balloons everywhere. He loved it :)
When our families arrived, we dove into the food- we kept it simple with pizza this year, and then let Owen open his birthday gifts.
After gifts, it was cake time! I cannot adequately explain how funny it was to watch Owen with his cake. As I said in my last post, Owen loves the Octonauts. I put all of the Octonaut figurines on his cake, and when he saw them, his face was downright hysterical! Sorry for the many cake pics I included below, but I love seeing the progression of excitement on his face. :)
![]() |
| Just saw that a cake is coming! |
![]() |
| And something fun is on the cake... |
![]() |
| It's the Octonauts!!!! |
![]() |
| He started naming them at this point- "OH, there's Barnacles!" |
![]() |
| Trying his hardest to blow out the candles :) |
Owen clearly loved having the Octonauts on his cake. Once he received his own piece, he put them back on again!
We played outside for a little bit before watching Daddy's firework display -it wasn't dark yet, but kids need to go to bed! :)
Happy 2nd Birthday, big guy!



















































No comments:
Post a Comment