Dear Marshall,
We are 23 weeks along now, and I figured I'd go ahead and write you your first letter. I've been busy working on your brother's baby book... yes, your brother is almost 2 and I am STILL working on putting his baby book together! His book is largely made up of the letters I wrote to him throughout his first year of life. But I did write him one while I was still pregnant with him, and thought now might be a good time to write you one. :)
I'm really not sure what to even say...this pregnancy has been a whirlwind thus far. Your brother keeps me incredibly busy and distracted. I'm sure all Mom's feel this way to some degree, but it's just not possible to give the same attention/focus to this pregnancy, the way I did my first. I often feel badly that I haven't been talking to you, singing to you, etc. the way I often found myself doing when pregnant with Owen. I love the evening hours, when the day has finally quieted down and I can sit down and really take the time to notice all of your little kicks and movements. You seem to be most active at that time- it's as if you know that we've just put Owen to bed, and now it can really be all about you!
While Owen does require a lot of our attention, we spend a good bit of our time with him, talking about you. He doesn't understand most of it, but he definitely understands that you are in a belly... just doesn't quite get that you are only in Mommy's belly. We often ask him, "Where's Marshall?" to which his usual response is to pull up his own shirt and stare down at or pat his own belly. We have the baby swing and the pack n play all set up for you. Owen loves turning them on and playing the music. I'm fairly confident you will constantly be vibrating, swinging and/or listening to music... at least if Owen has anything to say about it.
In some ways I'm very glad this pregnancy is flying by... hopefully I blink and you are in my arms!
We love you, Marshall!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment