After visiting Aunt Ruth, I knew it was definitely time we go visit my Nana as well. She lives in Lancaster, making a quick visit a bit more inconvenient. I'm actually embarrassed to say that we had not visited since Christmas time. She is often confused and forgets you were even there... I think I use that to justify my lack of visits. My cousin, Mandy and her daughter Chloe were visiting from Florida, so we decided now would be a great time to go up and visit our Nana all together. So Jen, Maddie, Jake, Abbey, Catie, Ben, Daniel, Mandy, Chloe, Aimee, Owen, and myself all made the trip to Nana's.
She has not been doing well lately, and at 91 years old, it's to be expected. We joked that perhaps we would drive all the way out there to find her unresponsive, sleeping, or simply too confused to communicate well with us. But I have to say, she actually looked very well. She knew who we were and was quite happy to see us. We introduced her great grandchildren to her (again), to which she responded with an enthusiastic, "Oh he/she's beautiful!" in a way that is quite typical of Nana. It was very sweet, and I think all of us agree that we are very happy we went to see her. We took her out to a fenced in courtyard which worked great at keeping all the kids in! Knowing how infrequently we visit, we took lots and lots of photos during our time there. :)
































No comments:
Post a Comment