Dear Owen,
You are officially closer to being a 1 year old, then you are to being a newborn! I'm not sure how that's possible, since it seems like just yesterday we brought you home. Lately, I've been looking at you and seeing a little boy, rather than a baby. It's so sad!
Your bottom front two teeth finally poked their way through. I love seeing them when you smile!
You're babbling a lot these days, mostly saying "Da da da" and more recently, "ba ba ba" which we find hilarious as it sounds more like "bob bob bob". For whatever reason, you seem to like to growl also. You've learned to raise your voice and don't mind demonstrating.
Needless to say, between the yelling and the growling, the house has gotten quite a bit noisier. :)
You're babbling a lot these days, mostly saying "Da da da" and more recently, "ba ba ba" which we find hilarious as it sounds more like "bob bob bob". For whatever reason, you seem to like to growl also. You've learned to raise your voice and don't mind demonstrating.
Needless to say, between the yelling and the growling, the house has gotten quite a bit noisier. :)
You've really started enjoying your solid foods. We skipped stage 2 foods and went right to stage 3. You eat solids twice a day. Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. And a full jar of baby food for dinner. You also really like Puffs as a snack, though you can't seem to pick them up by yourself yet. We've offered you a training/sippy-cup of water, but you mostly just gnaw on it.
You still love your exersaucer, and will happily jump in there for long stretches. You've also started favoring the toys that you can shake to make noise, like your little blue rattle.
Your balance has improved quite a bit this past month, and you are doing much better sitting up by yourself. You will happily sit and play with your toys as long as you have one of us in your sights. You definitely don't like being left alone- it usually prompts the yelling! :)
Our bedtime routine hasn't changed much. Daddy carries you up as usual, but now I chase after you. You burst into laughter, as I chase you and daddy around the house until we finally end up in your room. It may not be the best way to "wind down" before bed, but we can't help but love hearing you giggle.
We've started practicing what I hope to be your first trick, "How big is Owen? SO BIG!" I hold up my arms and raise yours at the appropriate time and you giggle away. I absolutely love your laugh!
We love you, Owen. And are so incredibly thankful to be your parents!
We love you, Owen. And are so incredibly thankful to be your parents!
Happy 7 months!





No comments:
Post a Comment