Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Your Daddy

Dear Owen,
I feel it necessary to tell you that you have a pretty amazing daddy. The way he handled himself during the whole delivery process was most impressive. Daddy has a bit of a weak stomach when it comes to needles, blood, etc. I'm amazed he stayed standing during the whole thing! 
When things started getting serious in the delivery room, and they put an oxygen mask on me, I knew that made Daddy worried. But he maintained his calm, held my hand and continued to help coach and comfort me. 
Daddy tends to keep his feelings inside. The only time I've ever seen tears of joy in his eyes was immediately after you were born. It was a beautiful site to see. 
I almost fainted the first time the nurse got me up out of bed. She told me to focus on something. Daddy was helping to hold me up and said, "look at me Mere. Focus on me. Look at my eyes." 
He was always very concerned about you too. He said multiple times, "I can't believe no one's going to be monitoring him!" "Shouldn't he be hooked up to some kind of monitor?" "Are you sure he's ok?" "How can you tell he's ok?" 
While I was still recovering in the hospital, Daddy chose to stay there with me. Every time I needed to shift in bed or get up out of bed, Daddy was right there to help me. 

Basically... Daddy was my hero. I feel I couldn't possibly love him more than I do now. Seeing him holding you and staring down into your eyes- my heart aches with joy. The love that he has for you is so evident. I'm certain even he didn't realize what an impact your arrival would have on him. He's clearly smitten. 


No comments:

Post a Comment