Saturday, March 10, 2012

Our Adventure at Sea


I'm seriously getting ridiculously behind with posting. I used to be so good at posting photos ASAP after an event or vacation. But this time it has taken me way too long. I finally decided that today was the day. After a horribly long night at work, I find myself stranded (car-less) at home today. Therefore, it is the perfect day to finally get down to business and post our vacation photos. (addendum: this was written on Thursday... I'm now finally posting it on Saturday! Ugh. Pathetic.)

I'll start by answering everyone's question, "Did Justin get sick on the cruise?" and the answer is, thankfully, no! When the ship initially left the dock we were in our room and did not even realize it had started moving. Later on that first day it did end up getting pretty choppy, but even so, he felt fine. :) With the worry of sea-sickness behind us, we were able to enjoy a nice week of great weather and some much needed R&R.

Our ship left from Tampa, FL. We had flown down the night before departure and stayed nearby the port. Would I recommend our hotel?... no. 'nough said.
it looks nice enough.
He makes this face sometimes...
On board the ship as it leaves Tampa

Cute little light house
Our cabin.



At our formal dinner after our first full day at sea
Justin eating his prime rib entree.... having already eaten his lobster tail entree. This was a long dinner. :)

The turn down service was nice and it was always fun to see what they had made with the towels.
Lots of ships off the coast of Grand Cayman



Taking the tender to shore!


Justin was excited to drink Havana Club Rum in Grand Cayman because of Gene Hackman in the movie,
The Firm... I can tell you that he was less then pleased with it. Haha!
Cayman Banana Pina Colada... perfect.

here come the freckles. And Justin's sunglasses are not on his head properly. haha.
...kid in a candy-store...
My hand looks creepy... not sure what's going on there...
expression change... creepy hand stays the same. 



When in Mexico...

Our visit to Senor Frogs :)

Beautiful sunset while walking back to the ship in Cozumel.
Justin's outfit looks funny. It was cold up on deck at night, so he wore his jacket and I wore a sweatshirt. I took the sweatshirt off for the pic... he kept his jacket on. There. Explained.
"Look at Me, I'm on Vacation"


Last night on vacation = Celebratory cigar 
I smoked my first cuban!  ...a few puffs anyway :)
...Back to reality and to planning our next vacation.  Muhahahaha! (evil laugh)



No comments:

Post a Comment