Sunday, November 13, 2011

Long time no blog

Hi friends, sorry I have been MIA from blogging. Life has taken some fun but unexpected turns. I'll start with the fact that Justin and I now belong to a 'small group' at our church. There are 6 couples right now and we've been meeting every Monday night for a Bible study. I cannot say enough about how happy we our with our group. I have been praying for this FOREVER! So I'm thrilled to have met such a wonderful group of Christian friends that both Justin and I enjoy spending time with. It's truly awesome. We recently had a social at Milky Way Farm where we took a hayride, had a bonfire, and shared some delicious food and drinks. It was a little cold (understatement), but a great time!
Our sweet ride courtesy of Thomas!
Our humongo bonfire
Colleen, Jenna, Chelsea, Valerie and I. (missing Adrienne)
Jason, Thomas, Justin, Dave, David, and Andrew
 Huddled in a tight little circle next to the bonfire with two blankets and hot drinks!

Photography is the other thing that has been taking up a lot of my time. I'm in love with newborn photography and hope to get more experience doing it in the future. Thankfully, I've had my newest nephew Ben to practice on. :)  He's absolutely adorable and I've thoroughly enjoyed taking his pictures. If you know of anyone that might be interested in newborn photos, by all means, send them my direction!




Last weekend Justin and I made the super long drive up to Erie, PA. Why, you ask? Because my alma mater, Gannon University was celebrating their Alumni/Homecoming weekend. AND because I haven't seen my nearest/dearest friend Amber in way too long.
All dressed for the Homecoming/Alumni party! I assure you we had a great time. But these are our annoyed faces.
You don't wanna mess with us!
Alpha Gamma Delta- the only 3 present from SPC'04!
College Roommates!
Amber and I
My college roommate, sorority sister, and dearest friend, Amber gave birth to the cutest little boy over 5 months ago, and this was the first time I was getting to meet him. He is truly a miracle baby. He was diagnosed with fetal hydrops when Amber was pregnant with him. It's a very serious diagnosis and there were several complications and problems along the way. In all honesty I did not think he was going to make it. I was hurting so badly for my best friend thinking she was going to lose her baby. But thank the Lord that everyone ( and their mother ) was praying for him. Amber carried him to term and he was absolutely beautiful! He had a brief stint in NICU for some heart arrhythmias, but was eventually sent home on a monitor and some meds. I still cannot get over how strong Amber and her husband, Dave, were through this whole process. And now they have this adorable little face to look at:

Baby Will
Well, I guess thats about all that is new. Hope everyone is having a happy fall!

1 comment:

  1. You writing about Will made me teary! I'm so blessed! Thanks for taking pictures and I hope to see you and Justin again sooner rather than later (and minus a sickness taking over my son and husband, haha!). :)

    ReplyDelete