Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Photography= physics + practice"

So it's been a while since I blogged and I have lots of fun things to share!
The first is that on July 10th, I FINALLY took a photography class. It was just a one day (3 hour) DSLR workshop, but it was totally worth it. Photography is definitely more complicated then I may have initially thought, there is so much to learn! But I really enjoy it and am hoping to learn more and more about it and have my photos get better and better. The instructor recommended several times the 50mm 1.8 g lens...  I had already been looking into getting this lens and had mentioned to Justin several times my interest in it. After the class, I happily told Justin that "even the instructor thinks I should get this lens!" (hint hint)
Just this past week, I came home from work to find my fabulous husband had left me a present (the 50mm 1.8 g lens) and this note on my nightstand. :)

I had wanted to take a picture of his note on the Nikon box exactly as I found it, but those of you who know Justin, know that boxes are immediately placed in the trash after the item is removed... (And yes, we do run into problems when it comes to returning said items...)
I'm loving this new hobby and needless to say, am thrilled with the purchase!

(more news to come...)

1 comment:

  1. If your pictures are already turning out this nice after one three hour class, I can't wait for what is to come!

    ReplyDelete