I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that the dreary winter brought with it more than pounds of just snow... but also some pounds on the scale. Ugh! Few things frustrate me more than weight gain. I typically go to the gym 3 times a week, which is more than I ever have in the past. But I also tend to want immediate results... As embarrassing as this is, I actually once bought an abdominal belt off of an infomercial that would literally shock my stomach, claiming to give me incredible abs! It is now on the list for "Stupidist made-for-TV products". I've obviously turned a corner by actually going to the gym. But working hard and not seeing results is extremely frustrating for me. With the summertime, vacations, and bathing suits looming in the distance, I decided that now was a good time to take action. After hearing a tid-bit or two about the South Beach Diet, I looked into it myself and decided to give it a whirl- in addition to exercise of course. I'm hoping to lose 8-10lbs (the amount I've gained since our wedding! OOPS!) I've tried the Atkins diet in the past but always found it so difficult to stick to the 'allowable foods'. The South Beach diet is very similar, but it does allow more non-starchy vegetables than Atkins. Thankfully, I love vegetables! I found this site online that was helpful in outlining the
foods that are allowed and the foods to avoid in phase one of the diet (the first 2 weeks). It also has a short
shopping list to help you get started. I have to say at first glance it appears as though there are tons of options and shouldn't be too difficult... its mainly a protein & vegetable diet. Today is my official start day to the diet, and I am already mourning the loss of bread, pasta, potatoes, dairy-dip, cereal, granola bars, orange juice, and wine!!
Anyhoo... I decided to use the blog to share my personal take on the diet as well as my frustrations and hopeful progress. :)
Here's a quick look at some of the things I got at the grocery store in preparation for the diet:
Here's hoping I last 2 weeks on it! haha. :)
okay, this post is crazy because i woke up this morning researching south beach and found myself on the exact same website! I sent eric to the grocery to buy me groceries as well! Let's keep one another accountable :) Starting tonight with our salmon dinner.... good bye to those dang after wedding lb's!
ReplyDeleteGood luck girls! let me know how it works out, Im always up for trying something that works! :)
ReplyDeletehaha Meredith I'm the same exact way! I assumed that the last 10 lbs of my prego weight were going to just go away ;) haha so after I had an 11 month old and those 10 lbs still there, I joined weight watchers online. I actually love it and lost that last 10 after 5 weeks! Good luck on South Beach-- and if it doesn't work out- ask me about ww!
ReplyDelete