Monday, February 14, 2011

Game Night!

Justin and I finally hosted our first little get together in our home. We have had the privilege to attend parties and get togethers so graciously hosted by our friends. But the time had come for us to take on the job of hosting as a couple. 
Since Justin has such a love of group games (not really), we decided to have a 'game night' in our home. Our guests for the evening were the Bryants and the Benders. We played several games including: Buzz Word, Taboo, Mad Gab, and Say Anything

We had so much fun and laughed our way through the games while enjoying far more 
hors d'oeuvres than were necessary.
 (it was my first time hosting! I may have made a little too much food...) 
 The thumbprint-heart cookies were my favorite. :)
I'm a fairly competitive person when it comes to games, and I wanted to make sure everyone else would take the competition seriously... so we came up with a prize. While playing the games, an envelope labeled, "The Mystery Prize" was placed strategically for all to see. Each couple ended up winning one of the first three games, therefore the final game became the tie-breaker with Aftan and Eric winning the much anticipated Mystery Prize.
 ....a movie pass for two!  
As you can see, they were pretty excited about their big win. :)
Despite our loss, the night was a success. :)

1 comment: