Unfortunately for me, this year is my year to work on Thanksgiving day. While most of you are enjoying your turkey and stuffing, I will be at work taking care of the itty bitty babies. If I'm honest, I don't really mind it. At the very least, it reminds me of the many things I have to be thankful for- my job being one of them. :)
Justin's family has a Thanksgiving day tradition of writing down some things they're thankful for and sharing how God has been working in their lives. While I will not be able to share in their tradition as they get together today, I thought I would take this opportunity to share via the blog :)
As I mentioned in a previous post, there have a been a whole lot of changes in my life recently. The first and probably most obvious thing I am thankful for is my husband, Justin. It still brings me to tears when I think about how wonderful God is and how grateful I am for Him bringing Justin into my life. To say that I had doubted God in this area of my life would be an understatement. I think I had just given up entirely due to past hurts and disappointments. I like to reference the famous poem "Footprints in the Sand" as God explains that "It was then that I carried you". I am so incredibly thankful for God's patience with me as I doubted Him and for His love which is certainly beyond measure. I could not have asked for a better husband. (Love you Just!)
I'm thankful for my family. We are a unique group of individuals. So many different personalities all wrapped up into one fabulous family :) I'm so thankful for them and love each of them dearly. My 'family' has obviously grown this year, as I am now a part of the Hunt family. This too is an area of thankfulness, as I could not have asked for a better family to marry into.
As I head to work today and take care of some babies that are truly struggling to survive... I know I will continue to ponder the many things and people I have to be thankful for, and the many ways God has blessed me. Happy Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment