Tuesday, November 2, 2010

9 months...

Now I know what you're thinking..... STOP.  NO we are NOT pregnant.  9 months is simply the time-frame I am going to be referencing in this post. Every now and then I stop and think about my life and all the changes that have taken place over time. It really is amazing the number of things that can change and the turns your life can take over such a short period of time. I am so thankful that I am NOT in control of my own life. God is certainly better equipped to handle my crazy life than I am. As I most recently reflected back, I was amazed at all that occurred even in just the last 9 months. Allow me to briefly share some of those things...

In the last 9 months...

  • I had my wisdom teeth removed... yuck
  • I turned 27.... another yuck. 
  • I began studying for my nursing certification
  • I applied to grad school
  • I got engaged to Justin...'on top of a mountain' (ha, I always say that to him. Its from Anchorman, FYI)
  • I then stopped studying for my nursing certification
  • I postponed grad school
  • I began planning our wedding (a HUGE undertaking, as many of you know)
  • I took premarital counseling classes with Justin once a week.
  • I moved out of my apartment
  • I moved in with my parents 
  • I participated as a bridesmaid in my best friend, Amber's wedding.
  • I applied for a day shift position at work
  • I applied for clinical ladder III at work (a time-consuming task)
  • I made a poster presentation for bereavement at work
  • I took the CPR course for renewal
  • I took the NRP course for renewal 
  • I GOT MARRIED!
  • I went to Hawaii with my husband!
  • I moved in with my new husband :)
  • I got a day shift position!
  • I changed my name on more forms than I can count.


....who knew so much would change in that time frame... God has certainly been gracious in His handling of all of those situations. As a result, I am now happily married to a wonderful man, living in our cozy house, working only 3 days a week on day shift and am officially named Meredith Hunt.

I can't wait to see what the next 9 ( or 10) months may hold. :)

1 comment:

  1. You totally got me with the title of this post. I was hoping for an announcement. :)

    (Though please know, I will be totally ticked if this is how you tell me when it happens.:))

    ReplyDelete